Friday, November 2, 2007

Hello everyone. My name is Anna and my niece has been after me to set up a blog, so here goes.
I wanted someway of staying in touch with friends and family and thought this might just be the way. On to the new, letters just don't cut it anymore. I'm not very good at texting either. These old fingers can't work that fast, and the lingo, forget it.

Dale (hubby) and I just returned from a mini vacation to the Smokey Mountains. It was glorious, the trees were very colorful and we even managed to see a black bear this time. It crossed the road right in front of us, no I didn't get a picture. Didn't expect to see one, but got ready to snap the next one, but of course there where none to be seen. I did get lots of pictures of all the colorful trees. All your troubles seem to go away when you see God's creations. It was so peaceful and the air smelled so good. To bad I couldn't capture that in a bottle to take a whiff of from time to time. Pigeon Forge was getting ready to start their winter fest and turn on all the Christmas lights, they had everything set up, but alas, we weren't able to see it all lit. Maybe we will be able to go back over later for that, as they leave them up until February.

We went to the Cherokee Indian reservation and I got a couple of books to help me search for those elusive ancestors of ours, seems like it is a bit more involved than I thought. Altho, one of the places to hunt for ancestors is right here in our Tennessee State Archives. Its been a few years since I have been down there, but with the books, maybe I will be able to look in the right files this time. I'm not sure that I did before.

I got some beautiful pictures of my Grandson this morning in his batboy costume, I will try to see if I can master the downloading of pictures soon and post some for you all to see.

I guess that this will be it for today, glad to hear from any of you about your families and what you have been doing. Love to All

1 comment:

Angel said...

Hi Aunt Anna! I LOVE that you have a blog and I can keep up with you here. I'll be back to check on you. Hope you're able to post often! Hugs~
Angel